On day 1, we went to Bright Hill Temple to pay respects to mummy and dropped by grandma's place for lunch. I like that we're going there in the afternoon (unlike previous years where we reach super early in the morning) because it means we get to see most of our closer cousins. I also got to play with my niece (Chloe) and nephew (Caleb) this year. This is the first time I got to hold their hands and carry them (': Ever since mummy's passing, this side of the family distant themselves away from us. No wedding invitations (until last year), no baby showers, no weekly family gatherings, no phone calls to ask how we were coping. Nothing. Zero. Zilch.
I didn't even know I'd become gu gu until recently. Not that it really matters but sometimes you just want to feel like you belong. No?
Baby Caleb and I! He's a little dragon too.
In the evening I went over to boyf's place for dinner with his paternal relatives. They're really sincere and nice people and I can understand why the boyf enjoys hanging out with them (:
On day 2, we went to visit dad's side of the family and I'm so glad bro came along this year. The company means a lot when you're always the one sitting in the corner of the living room and munching on tidbits. Haha. But I really like dad's side more because they are less pretentious, less money-minded, less judging. They go all out to make you feel comfortable and that's what family should be like.
The boyf came over to my place in the evening and stayed for dinner. Yippee super happy about it! He even had a short jamming session with my bro. So glad the relationship is working well (:
It's back to work/ school tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment